First impressions are 94% design related.
I’m not exaggerating – it’s science.
I used to work for a company that hired researchers like this. They used cameras on test users and watch where their eyes went on the screen. Then, they use this information (and potentially change their whole website design) to deliver information in a way that the consumer likes.
When you like what you see and experience, you’re more likely to buy.
(Crazy right? If you didn’t feel big-brothered before, you probably do now.)
Marketing research for “user experience” is a huge business.
So when little-old designers like me tell you that it matters what your website looks like in order to convert customers? I’m not just blowing smoke up your ass.
It comes down to a few key points:
- The better you look, the more people believe you have your shit together.
- If people believe you have your shit together, they’ll stick around longer, learn more, and find you more valuable.
- When you’re perceived as more valuable, you can charge more money. (dolla’ dolla’ bills y’all)
And it’s not to manipulate people into buying your stuff.
Its simply taking the time and effort and investment to make your branding look as incredible as your services.
Dress for the job you want.
In order to help you get there, I started doing something new:
FREE BRAND AUDITS!
Most people don’t know where to begin and have no idea what’s working and what’s not on their site.
You hear things like “fonts!” “color palettes!” and “headshots!” but arranging them in a way that makes people go “oooooh!” is like trying to speak another language.
There’s holes and leaks and weak spots that you don’t even know exist.
It’s not your fault! And that’s why I’m shedding some light for you.
If you’re interested in a free brand audit, just head over here –> http://erinkmonaghan.com/brand-audit
I’ve done a few of these already LIVE on video. You can learn a lot from watching me audit other sites (hint: most of us make the same mistakes).
Check them out here:
Want your own? HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
1. Fill out the form here
2. Each week I’ll choose 2 websites to audit LIVE on my Facebook page (Tuesdays & Thursdays).
3. If you’re the week’s pick, you’ll be notified of time/date the audit takes place.
4. Join me LIVE for your audit and ask questions in real-time!
It’s fun, informative, and you get a crap-ton of easy, actionable steps to take to make major improvements in no time.
There’s no downside, so let’s do it.
Questions? Shoot me an email.
Have a great weekend 🙂